We have a ton of recipes available for our members but sometimes too many options can feel a bit overwhelming! I've compiled a few of my favorites, with the fall season in mind, to make it easy for you to try something new.
Got a favorite recipe? Share it below!
Super Creamy Egg White Oatmeal - I thought eggs in oatmeal was gross too but don't knock it till you try it!!
It's often our goal to either drink more water or be more consistent with getting our 2 litres in. As the hot summer months approach, staying hydrated is even more important!
Here are some of my favourite ways to do so:
1. Get a new water bottle (and a BIG one!) Sure, you may have a bunch of old water bottles, but are you using them? My guess is no. Grabbing a new bottle can help inspire you to...
I wanted to take some time to share with you our plan for when our sweet baby makes its appearance in the world! We've been so grateful to have all of your support, and while I'm going to miss you so much, I will need to take some time off to recover after the birth.
The good news is - the schedule won't look much different! We've been working hard to find ways to help you...
Biggest mistakes we see our clients make after a "fun" weekend.
1. attempt to do damage control by restricting certain food groups, i.e. carbs.
2. Try to burn more calories through exercise.
3. feel guilty and allow weekend behaviour to carry into the week.
4. allow negative self-talk to take hold.
5. skip out on the grocery shop or meal prep.
It's easy to get into your feels after having too much...
Losing 10lbs won't give you more body confidence.
Seeing a 6-pack won't either.
So, where does it come from?
It comes from being proud of the work you put in to better yourself.
The satisfaction you get from:
. preparing your own food
. showing up to your workouts
. prioritizing a good night's sleep
. finding balance and consistency with a healthy lifestyle
When you shift the focus to TAKING CARE...
Why you should be strength training like your life depends on it.
Below is a graphic illustration of how our bodies can change over time.
The top picture is a cross-section of the thigh of a 30 year-old who routinely works out.
As expected, looks strong and healthy given their age and lifestyle choice to take care of themselves.
Next, we have the 75 year-old who lived a sedentary life and...
Have you fallen out of shape?
That's common when working full-time and raising a family.
But here are 3 simple habits to take back control of your fitness - for good.
1. Buy food to cook at home every week.
Having high-quality, nutrient-dense food in the house is the first step to controlling your nutrition.
And it's your nutrition that will ultimately decide your shape.
Chairs were a terrible innovation.
Who's idea was it anyway?
Ok, let me explain...
Mechanically, we're not designed to sit.
Especially for long stretches at a time. Yes, I am talking to all you desk workers.
1. Sitting on your butt disengages your glutes ( muscles) from absorbing the weight of your upper body.
Something must give, and it's your low back that takes on this compressive...
Here are five reasons why you should consider joining our Spring Move Challenge beginning March 21st!
1) It gets you out of your comfort zone. Are you a creature of habit, taking the same classes each week and never trying anything new on the Body by Jojo platform? We get it! You stick to what you like. But the challenge will help you step outside your comfort zone, try something new and...
Muscle - it is the engine of the body that drives all movement. And like all engines, your muscle requires routine maintenance to keep it running smoothly and worry-free.
Without it, your body gets all gunked up under the hood, and an inevitable mechanical failure awaits you, i.e. pain, weakness, injury, lack of confidence.
Don't wait for a light to come on in the dash. By then, the repairs only...